Technology and Knowledge Acquisition, Development, Deployment and Distribution
Heartland Global provides a bridge between research and end-use, releasing on-the-shelf research and getting it into use to solve complex community development challenges in under-served markets:
- We develop commercial products that utilize existing, “on-the-shelf” intellectual property, primary research and components to overcome productivity and community development challenges.
- Our in-house research works with clients, partners, SMEs, and end-users to identify key value-chain and development innovations in international farming, agriculture, food systems, public health, water and sanitation, energy and infrastructure.
- We develop and deliver enabling technologies and intermediary products such as foundation seed, location intelligence, GSM and ICT solutions, to enable easier and more effective delivery of technology solutions, increasing customer and community impact.
- We provide research advisory, unique insights and feed back to client research teams, for product development, and calibration to local conditions.
Heartland Global creates innovative partnerships that accelerate the delivery of technology and locally adapted product solutions:
- We work with clients and SME’s to develop collaborative research models that accelerate innovation discovery and research deployment, including public-private partnerships, IP and licensing arrangements.
- We work collaboratively with public, private and non-profit research providers, including indigenous community and traditional knowledge.
- We strengthen ties between researcher providers and end-users, providing insights into customer and consumer needs and refining technology to meet these needs.
Heartland Global works with clients to remove barriers that impede the delivery of technology in emerging markets:
- We engage on behalf of clients with national and regional stakeholders and policy makers to improve the regulatory and business environment for science and technology.
- We facilitate dialog with community and development actors on behalf of clients to provide improved pathways and funding for innovation delivery.
Heartland Global supports technology delivery with knowledge transfer and best-practice advice:
- We believe that technology delivery must be supported by holistic solutions that provide knowledge in use, improved market access and ongoing support which goes beyond a project lifespan and therefore work with clients to develop technology demonstration and holistic models that demonstrate the added value of the new technologies.
- We conduct local trials, demonstrations, outreach and certification on behalf of clients and we help clients develop robust environmental stewardship and community impact analysis.