TECHNOLOGY AND KNOWLEDGE INNOVATION TRANSFER
Heartland Global provides a bridge between research and end-use, releasing on-the-shelf research and getting it into use to solve complex community development challenges in underserved markets.
- We develop commercial products that utilize existing, “on-the-shelf” intellectual property, primary research and components to overcome productivity and community development challenges
- Our in-house research works with clients, partners, SMEs and end-users to identify key value-chain and development innovations in international farming, agriculture, food systems, public health, water and sanitation, energy and infrastructure
- We develop and deliver enabling technologies and intermediary products such as foundation seed, location intelligence, GSM and ICT solutions to enable easier and more effective delivery of technology solutions, increasing customer and community impact
- We provide research advisory, unique insights and feedback to client research teams, for product development and calibration to local conditions
Heartland Global creates innovative partnerships that accelerate the delivery of technology and locally adapted product solutions.
- We work with clients and SMEs to develop collaborative research models that accelerate innovation, discovery and research deployment, including public-private partnerships, IP and licensing arrangements
- We work collaboratively with public, private and non-profit research providers, including indigenous community and traditional knowledge
- We strengthen ties between researcher, provider and end-users, providing insights into customer and consumer needs and refining technology to meet those needs
Heartland Global works with clients to remove barriers that impede the delivery of technology in emerging markets.
- We engage on behalf of clients with national and regional stakeholders and policy makers to improve the regulatory and business environment for science and technology
- We facilitate dialog with community and development actors on behalf of clients to provide improved pathways and funding for innovation delivery
Heartland Global supports technology delivery with knowledge transfer and best practice advisory.
- We believe that technology delivery must be supported by holistic solutions that provide knowledge in use, improved market access and ongoing support which goes beyond a project lifespan and therefore work with clients to develop technology demonstration and holistic models that demonstrate the added value of the new technologies
- We conduct local trials, demonstrations, outreach and certification on behalf of clients and we help clients develop robust environmental stewardship and community impact analysis
EMERGING MARKET GROWTH
Heartland Global conducts emerging market analysis & strategy, value-chain assessment and opportunities.
- We provide clients with new market analysis and research, market positioning and niche, value proposition, location specific data, particularly in farming, agri-business and food value chains
- We work on behalf of clients, and partner with local businesses, in regulatory, trade and political advocacy around innovation and improved market access
Heartland Global creates ‘soft-landing’ for US and International businesses using innovative routes and finance, local partner development, and new business creation
- We develop innovative public-private partnerships on behalf of clients to leverage donor funding and local investment incentives, minimize financial exposure
- Through our network of local business partners we provide initial representation and sales outlets, prior to full scale investment (thin end of the wedge)
- We work on behalf of clients to identify local partners and provide business development services to those partners, improving partnership performance and expertise
Heartland Global engages in farming, farm management, agribusiness and value-chain opportunities, production, distribution, sales
- We work with clients and local businesses to develop innovative finance, production, distribution, sales and marketing, risk-management and community engagement
- We provide technical advice and product innovations to emerging market governments, development partners (USAID, WorldBank, DFID etc.) and their contractors
- Our specialties are in farming, seed and biotechnology, livestock, agribusiness, food & nutrition, water and sanitation, clean energy, infrastructure and environmental stewardship
Third Party Monitoring, Evaluations, Audits and Training
- We provide clients with training of local partners process management, ISO, Six Sigma, SHE, LEAN, Global GAP and EuropGAP, sustainability and carbon footprint, stewardship, nutrition, health
- We provide third party monitoring and evaluation, auditing, and certification preparation services
Advisory on Diplomacy, Corporate Social Responsibility, Advocacy, Environmental Stewardship, public image, staff programs and civil society initiatives
- We provide clients with insight and development of corporate social responsibility and citizenship programs, volunteer and retiree programs, communication and stakeholder engagement strategy, sociocultural footprint, gender and diversity strategy, non-profit and government engagement and environmental stewardship.