Heartland Global, Inc. (HG) was founded by a group of 7 partners previously working independently in farming, international agribusiness, food production and systems management, global nutrition solutions, and in international development.
The partners believed that through combining their extensive experience in agriculture and community development, and by leveraging their combined network of thousands of global experts, they could bring a more systematic, holistic and lasting approach to economic development.
The partners agreed that this social enterprise should be focused beyond consulting and beyond the length of donor contracts to provide technology and knowledge delivery, holistic enterprise-driven approaches, and lasting value-chain transformation.
Partnership Team: Common Experiences, Common Values
- Farm and Midwest work ethics and values.
- Farm and industry based backgrounds, with interaction with community and value chains at grass roots level.
- Strong belief in business and technology solutions to poverty.
- Common philosophy that sustainability must be built with livelihoods in mind.
- Lasting economic development best achieved through holistic approaches, and value-chain productivity gains, not isolated interventions.
- Flexibility, innovation & capacity development are critical for business in emerging markets
- Empowerment of local business & community partners.
- Co-discovery of solutions.
- Mutual value creation between shareholders, staff, clients and beneficiaries.